Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Healthy Eating

I wanted to dedicate this post to my new and improved diet and the app on my iPhone that helps me keep on track. It is honestly unbelievable to me that just by changing your diet you can feel 100 times better and it makes me sad I haven't started sooner. I started approximately a month ago. I cut out more than 50% of my bread intake, 100% of fast food, 90% of night snacking (AND SWEETS!), and started eating A LOT more fresh fruits and veggies. Portion control obviously helps, too! I posted a picture of my after work out snack for today. Like I said, portion control is important and really helps. 1 medium sliced granny smith apple, 10 pretzel crisps by Snack Factory (100 Cal.), and a spoonful of all natural peanut butter. Sounds lame but it was so delish. It took everything in me to not just shove it all down my throat.

I also have this app on my phone and it's actually kind of awesome. It's so awesome, even my friend Rachel uses it too. I don't pay for apps. I feel like the phone itself is already hundreds of dollars, why do I need to pay $5 for a weight loss app? It is called "Lose It!" and it's by FitNow under health & fitness. You can track your daily calorie intake, daily exercise, and (my favorite) your goals! You can set up your very own realistic goal based off your height, weight, and your daily calorie intake. My goal weight is 115 pounds, to lose about 1 1/2 pounds per week, all by taking in at least 909 calories a day. Sounds a tad bit far fetched but as long as you work out enough each day, your cals drop like flies. One of my other favorite features on this app is that it makes it easy for you to keep track of what you eat. It gives you the option to scan a barcode of product, restaurant foods, brand name foods, and even your own recipes! How crazy is that? So you don't have to worry and take the time out to input all of the nutrition facts... It's already all on there!

I'm done for the day! More this weekend!

Much love,
JTS

No comments:

Post a Comment