Monday, March 11, 2013

How Did Things Get So Bad?

It has been months since the last time I have updated. You can pretty much say I have been out of my mind busy. Things have been way out of hand (and when I mean things, I mean everything). Friends, family, work, school, which in other words equals stress, stress, and more stress...

Recently, my so called "best friend" chose his girlfriend over me. In my opinion, any girlfriend/boyfriend that makes their significant other choice between them and their friends should be shot. OK, maybe not shot, but definitely dumped. The reason she made him chose was because clearly I was a threat and I don't mess around. This girl decided to be sneaky while he was away at boot camp and I was the only one that had the balls to snitch. No one likes a snitch but I thought we were best friends. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd hope he'd do the same. But unfortunately, I was on the losing end and I lost a friend. I guess we all live and learn but one thing is for certain, two is for sure, that in the VERY end, I will be the one who won and standing there laughing! Once he gets home from school in May, you all can guarantee those frauds will be put on blast.

Next on my list, work. Last I left off was I got a hostess job at a brewery. Starting after Spring break I am going to look for another job. The people there are unfriendly and the job in general is just... Awful. Did I mention the people there are awful, too? It took them about a month to actually put me on the schedule after I was completed training. You would think that they would put a new employee on the schedule if they were THAT eager to work. I need money! I'm not playin! This week is my first week actually on the schedule. How ridiculous is that?

School is just as bad. I've learn that for the past year, all of the classes I have been taking for my accounting major are not transferable. You can only imagine how stressed out I am. So in other words, all of my money and time have gone to waste (or at least most of it). This up coming week I am applying to colleges in SC (College of Charleston being one of them) and getting a move on so I can get the hell out of here by the Fall. The latest, Spring of 2014.

Luckily, some good comes with the bad and for the past month I have been ACTUALLY dieting and exercising. And yes, it is for real this time (last time lasted like 48 hours). So far I am down 5lbs! I am going for an entire new me. I can't wait for you all to see. I am aiming for 120lbs (started at 138lbs) and on my birthday (April 3rd), I am dying my hair and getting a tan. Doesn't sound like a big deal but for me... It is. I haven't done anything different with myself for years!

With some good comes bad, but then more bad. I have been breaking out like you wouldn't believe and about 3 weeks ago, I got my hair cut and lets just say it looks like a 2 year old took a pair of clippers to my head while I was sleeping. My skin literally feels like it has been crawling because of all the stress. My skin reminds me and looks like a 14 year old teenager going through some major puberty. So I have decided to do some product reviews for my first entry back in the blog game. First one being, ProActiv the 3 Step System! Today is my first day back on the system so this is just based off of my experience. TOP 5 Q:
WHERE CAN I BUY IT? I am pretty sure you can call or order off their website. I know they also have boutiques now that they are more popular.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? It depends on what kind of system you get. If you purchase the original 3 step formula it runs about $30. But if you need the extra strength formula (which I probably will try) runs around $50. Also along with the 3 step program you usually receive their refining mask, dark spot corrector, OR spot treatment as a "free gift." So you get quite a lot for the price.
HOW DO I USE IT? This is the tricky part. I used ProActiv when I was in middle school and it worked for me off and on (which is why I am so skeptical about starting it up again). BUT after reading reviews on ProActiv's site, I read that it really makes a difference on how you follow the 3 step system. First, using the "Renewing Cleanser", you gently wash your face like you would with any other cleanser with luke-warm water, rinse completely off, and pat dry. And when I say completely off, I MEAN COMPLETELY OFF, because it will bleach your towels. Next, use the "Revitalizing Toner" with a cotton ball or pad and swipe it evenly over your entire face. Next using the "Repairing Treatment Moisturizer," spread and rub in to entire face evenly like a normal lotion.
HOW'D YA HEAR ABOUT IT? Like I said, I had heard about it when I was in middle school and all of my friends were using it. It worked off and on as a teenager, so now that I am more grown up that's why I am going to give it another try.
WOULD I RECOMMEND IT? WHY? Based off of my experience in middle school as a teenager, I wouldn't suggest this product because it was not very reliable. Some weeks it would work extremely well, other weeks it would make my skin worse. But who knows, this is why I am trying it again. It might work better this time! I will keep every one posted.

Next and last product is Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD. TOP 5 Q:
WHERE CAN I BUY IT? I'm pretty sure you can buy it at any Best Buy or video store. Where you can buy DVDs, I am pretty sure you can find this! I found my DVD at Target.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? This is the best part... It only costs around $10!
HOW DO I USE IT? It is a work out DVD. There are 3 levels of intensity and you progressively every week increase your intensity. I was on level 1 for about 2 1/2 weeks because I was that out of shape but by the end of week 2 I was able to complete the entire workout with out a break. Oh and did I mention the workout is only 25 minutes? Only piece of advice is that you will not see results unless you do the work out almost every day.
HOW'D YA HEAR ABOUT IT? Funny enough, my mom introduced it to me about a year or two ago and I never had the stamina or the discipline to do it every day.
WOULD I RECOMMEND IT? WHY? OH MY GOD, yes. I hate working out but this video motivates me to get up every day and do it because it is only 25 minutes long. Also, I have been keeping up with it and already I have seen extreme results. Go Jillian Michaels!

Much love,
JTS

No comments:

Post a Comment