Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Get Your Make Up On





After a little time blog searching and a little time youtube surfing, I decided to go out and purchase my very first Bare Minerals starter kit. And even though I've been only using it for about a week, I have seen extreme improvement in my skin AND my self confidence (especially in the morning when I get ready for school) ;). So today I am going to not only talk about my OOTD (outfit of the day), I am also going to talk about my favorite make up products. So kind of like a product review?

First things first, to your left I made up a collage of the pieces I am wearing today! I'll skip all the things you already know like my new Fossil watch I purchased last week and also my black riders I wear CONSTANTLY. But one thing that is brand new is my Banana Republic sweater. I'm rocking a small but it is just big enough that I can wear them with leggings with out looking like a skank. The sweater was on sale at the outlets for around $15 and I can tell you all right now it is going to be one of my favorites. It is extremely comfortable, light weight, and surprisingly it is very girly. I am in LOVE with the 3 purple and gold detailed buttons on each sleeve at the top (as you can see in the photo, top left). It is a tad bit chilly today (but beautiful) so for next time I wear this outfit hopefully I'll remember to wear a cute black peacoat with it. Next are my nails! Usually I don't show my nails but I thought this Sephora by O.P.I color was dope. I've been real in to the color purple lately so when I found this I almost had a heart attack. The Sephora collection is a little bit more on the pricey side so you can find them around $9 a bottle (some are worth the money, some aren't). I usually don't branch out with other nail brands because I find that some to most brands just chip way too easily. BUT honestly, can you go wrong with Sephora? I'm not sure.

Now I can't wait to tell you all about my Bare Minerals!

I'll start with my all time favorite mascara by Maybelline called Great Lash "Lots Of Lashes." It's awesome because it has a "heart-shaped" brush which helps coat even the smallest of lashes. It does not clump and it makes my lashes like spider legs. I also buy my mascara in the shade very black. Next is my L'Oreal eyeshadow quad in the shade "Desert Sunrise" number 106. You can get any of L'Oreal's quad eyeshadows for around $7, which to me is a really good price especially for the quality and plus this palate can last you for a LONG time (and if you use it like every other day like me you know it lasts awhile). These quad palates are so perfect for me because I barely have enough time to put on my eyeshadow in the morning, let alone would I have enough time to come up with colors from a giant palate by myself. I have about a collection of 5 of these quad eyeshadows but this one would definitely have to be my all time favorite. It's my favorite because it's perfect for everything! You can lighten it up for the day time or even darken it up if you're going out at night. It's the perfect balance of light and pinky but dark and brown. L'Oreal gets an A+ from me because these calibos last forever on your eye lids (especially with a little bit of help)... And that leads me in to my next favorite product, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion! If I were rich, I would make sure every lady had a tube of this magical stuff. If you can't afford the $20 (soon I won't be either cause I lost my job), then I'm sorry but you better save up (luckily if you are willing to purchase it, it lasts you for MONTHS because you only need a little bit for each eye). If your face is oily like mine and you're frequently going to parties where dancing is involved, you need this. It is proven that after a long night, I swear, I thought my eye makeup would be drooping down my face but WRONG! This stuff keeps the shadow right in place (even if you do accidently rub it). There are different types of the primer tubes but I always buy the original. I don't know what I'd do without this stuff! Lastly, I bought the Bare Minerals 6 Piece Starter Kit in the shade "Light." I was a tad bit skeptical but after I saw and read all of the different reviews, I was convinced! The kit came with Bare Minerals "Prime Time" foundation primer, Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 Foundation in the color light, Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, Bare Minerals "Flawless Application" brush, Bare Minerals "Flawless Definition" mascara, and Bare Minerals 100% natural lipgloss in "Fruit Cocktail." And this all cost me $38, which was a fucking steal. Even though I think the mascara and lipgloss are really great, I am most impressed with the foundation and face productions. If you aren't familiar with Bare Minerals and their steps, I first apply the foundation primer all over my face which is really nice. I didn't think I was going to like it but it is extremely light and you only need a pea-sized amount. Next is twirl, tap, and buff the foundation all over my face (after applying my usual concealer) and I usually do 4 doses for medium to full coverage (depending on my acne). Last is a quick buff of the mineral veil all over. If you're like me, like I said, I have extremely oily skin and it takes a lot for me to find a product where it doesn't contribute to the oil/make me break out. This product does not what so ever and if anything, it makes my skin better! Not shiny, not anything! I am IN LOVE! The foundation is light and in blends right in to my skin like there is nothing there. Next I am going to have to try Bare Minerals foam wash to see if that improves my skin quality even more. I know Bare Minerals in general is a tad bit on the pricey side but trust me, it is SO worth it if you're struggling to find the right make up for you!

Sorry this post was a lot but I figured you all would appreciate the reviews and maybe give you guys a new idea on other products! If you have a product you'd like to share, feel free :)!

Much love,


No comments:

Post a Comment