Monday, November 12, 2012

New Beginnings




I haven't updated in quite some time but I have not forgotten about my blog one bit! I have been extremely busy and I have just been waiting for the perfect time to hop back on my blog wagon.

The last I left off was when Sandy, the big bitch hurricane, hit the east coast right after my bangin Halloween weekend. Even though she did do some damage around me, my house, my shore house, my family, and all of my friends were unaffected which I am extra thankful for. As you can see to the right is the after math and all of the clean up my fam squad and I did to make it all look back to the norm. I have been particularly busy with school and especially my English class. The way my brain works is fucked up. NOT ONLY AM I A HUGE PROCRASTINATOR but I can memorize crazy math formulas and ace the shit out of my accounting tests but not write a damn English paper? It legitimately takes me days upon days to even set my thoughts straight. But overall, I got all of my work done that I needed to and I am excited for these new beginnings (mostly because my stress level is going to be brought down from an 8 to like a 3).

One super awesome thing that happened that I am actually kind of stoked about is that I got a job at American Eagle (for those of you who know me from Polyvore or read the rest of my blog know that is kind of a big deal). As of right now it is only a seasonal position for the holidays but it was really nice to see a manager be really enthusiastic about hiring me and having me be on their "team." I start officially on the 18th (this up coming Sunday) so I will most definitely give everyone a heads up on how my first day went. I think someone up there was really looking out for me because the day they called me, my parents were fighting about me not having a job...

Another cool thing that went down this past week was that I finally got my rib tattoo all fixed up! I was kind of apprehensive at first just because I don't have a job and I knew it wasn't going to cost me chunk change... BUT I was willing to do it just to help me get back on track and make me a happier person. Sometimes I need that push. The picture to the right is actually the before and after shot (before is the top, after is bottom obviously). A lot of people ask me the significance of it and to be honest... I mostly just blow people off (depending on who they are) and tell them that it's a long story. But really it's just plain and simple. First things first is the significance of when I got the tattoo. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing. December of 2011, my old best friend who had moved to Florida that very next month wanted to get her first tattoo and get it together (shitty shop = my shitty product of a tattoo). It also was kind of significant because it was the first time I actually stepped back and started the whole "moving on" process from my ex of 3 years. That month I finally started reaching out and talking to other guys and it was definitely a nice turning point in my life after high school. The heart key represents a few things. First, it is almost like the key to my heart and only I hold on to it (regardless on who I end up spending the rest of my life with in the end) but second, it's a replica of the heart key necklace my ex had given to me for my 17th birthday. I loved that necklace more than he would ever know and a month or two before getting the actual tattoo, he really pissed me off and I snapped the key and threw it out of my car window while I was driving. It really meant a lot to me and the saying "follow your heart" ties in to it 100%. Before he left for college (which was in Virginia), we hung out and I am not one to cry but man, I could not stop crying and I did not want to let him leave. I felt like it was my job to try to stop him and do everything I could to keep him from going that far away. The one thing he said to me was no matter what happened between me and him he wanted me to follow my heart and do what I wanted to do. That really stuck with me because yeah family is one thing to give you advice like that but someone else is different. After getting this redone really made me rethink and reevaluate the way I treat my friends and even my family.

I don't want to drag this post on... BUT there is so much more I have to tell all of you! Soon enough, I will make time tomorrow.

Much love,
JTS

No comments:

Post a Comment