Thursday, December 27, 2012

Best Christmas


I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and Santa brought you everything that you asked for! This Christmas definitely was the best one by far. I really am so thankful for my entire family and all of my good friends. So thanks to everyone for making this holiday season so so special and obviously to all of you who read my posts weekly! This year was especially nice because I didn't have work the day before Christmas Eve and Christmas Eve. It was really relieving and I didn't have the stress I normally have around the holidays. I was able to make Christmas cookies with my mom and do some last minute shopping for the rest of my family. As you can see, I had to take pictures of the cookies (because if not I wouldn't remember what they look like). We made butterscotch, strawberry/blackberry jam thumbprints, spritz, red velvet cupcakes, and snickerdoodle cookies this year, which is a lot more than usual (probably because I was home).


I also had girls night on Saturday which was fun. Nothing too special. Very typical. The girls and I ordered pizza and drank a little bit and even went in to Ashley's hot tub (I haven't done that in a while). It was good spending time with all of the girls for a change but the only thing is that I had made plans for all of us to get together with the guys later that night because they were having a party. Long story short (leave it up to the guys for some serious miscommunication), it got way too late and Ash didn't want to leave her house... If it were my home base I would of been completely fine with it but that's just me. I can leave at any time of the day or night just knowing I am gonna have a good time, that's all that matters to me. Maybe it was meant to be that we didn't go? We ended up watching the new Step Up "Revolution" (which don't waste your time unless you love dancing... Like me).

Christmas Eve rolled quickly around the corner after that. Every Christmas Eve we go to my dad's side of the family (the ones that actually live here). Most of my dad's side lives in Portugal (yes, I'm Portuguese). Luckily, the cousin that actually lives here is only a year older than me. Him and I get along like brother and sister. This year was a little different just because normally my aunt's friend comes around and brings her one son (who is also the same age and I have grown over the years to be really close with). This year, they didn't come because Paul (her son) was admitted to a rehabilitation center in Florida for being addicted to heroine. So scary. It just wasn't the same with out him being there. But besides that, over the past 3 years my cousin and I just smoke up the entire time and eat until we feel like dying (sounds ridiculous) but it is extremely fun. Christmas was awesome, too. I got everything that I had asked for plus a couple of my mother's personal touches, like a new Restoration Hardware blanket that is softer than a new born kitten... But seriously! Christmas day we get together with my mom's side of the family and that was real fun. I usually don't get along with all of my cousins as well as I hope but this year was cool. Christmas night was a different story... Ready for this one? I went to Eric's friend's house, Andy, and it was probably the most awkward thing of my life (of course, they don't know that though). I am holding this false guilt with in me because I secretly hooked up with Andy behind Eric's back. I have hooked up with Andy before (freaky because I hooked up with him last Christmas, too) and I actually genuinely liked him. Things fell through because neither of us wanted a relationship and even weirder, I got the impression that Andy was kind of... Gay? Yes, like homosexual. That's a whole other long story at itself. That'll be for another day. But the reason why I say "false guilt" (if that's even a thing) is because I do feel guilty that I did that but at the same time I really like Andy. Like... More than Eric. I am stuck in a weird love triangle and I need to find a way to remove myself from that situation. I mean obviously the truth will come out eventually this break... I just need to prepare myself!

Besides everything that happened over Christmas, I wrote to my friend Adam today. For those of you who don't know, he left for basic training for the air force about 2 weeks ago. I can't get over him leaving! I miss him way more than I thought I would. Every time someone brings him up I can't help but get all filled up... And I even got filled up as I wrote him his first letter. I wrote, "I miss you more and more every day," I hope he feels the same. He is irreplaceable.

Much love,
JTS

No comments:

Post a Comment