Saturday, December 15, 2012

DIY Gifts


I know you guys are excited to see what I put together for all of my friends and I also have a product review for the holidays! First, before I get in to all of my DIY presents... I bought Eric the "Workaholics Season 2" DVD (which I have yet to give him, so hopefully he likes it) and I bought my best friend Adam a thermal from American Eagle (which he seemed to like). Here is the link to it. I got it in navy. AND before my DIY, today was the last day I saw my friend Adam. He is leaving for the air force on Monday and his family and him are celebrating Christmas early tomorrow so I wouldn't be able to see him. I can't stop thinking about him and how much I am going to miss him. I couldn't stop crying and when he was about to leave, I didn't want to let go! It was a lot harder than I intended it to be (so shitty). It'll take time for me to fully get over it and not having the freedom just to call him up and have him come over. I can't wait to write to him every day because I already know what I'm going to say (pretty much 3 letters worth already).

MOVING ON! What I did for my three friends (three Jewish girls, so it was a little more difficult because I tried to make things not Christmas related), I bought a bunch of supplies from my local Michael's craft store snow flake gift bags, snow flake tissue paper, sparkley white chinese boxes, 3D snow flake stickers, sparkley ribbons, and white snow flakey cookie bags! I made Toll House's original sugar cookies and decorated them with a simple "icing" (we used this icing for our gingerbread men this year because the icing gets hard quick which helps for packaging) by combining 4 cups of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of meringue powder, and 4 tablespoons of water. I decorated them appropriately (because they are Jewish) and put blue, purple, and yellow sprinkles on them. After letting all of them dry, I started my next project (my favorite). I made "white trash." White trash consists of 1 cup of rice chex cereal, 1 cup of honey nut cherrios, crushed up pretzels, a ton of m&ms, and melted white chocolate poured evenly throughout the dry mixture and pressed on a baking sheet (here's the official "recipe"). Sounds a little funky, but if you know what I am talking about you know it is so delish! After letting everything cool, I got ready for packaging! I put cookies in the snow flake cookie bags and tied them tightly with the sparkley ribbon and placed them in the sparkley chinese box. After, I decorated the box with the stick on snow flakes and wrote each of their first initials with sharpie on the side. I also broke apart the white trash mix and placed them in the cookie bags and tied them with the ribbon (with a tag that says "you're my fave white trash"). That's not all! I also got each of them a different flavor of Archer Farms hot chocolate to put in their bags as well. Rachel got dark chocolate, Ashley got mint, and Bekah got salted carmel (all of them are so good and top of the line). They are really adorable because they come in nice cans (here's a link obviously). So after filling their gift bags with the cookie box, the white trash, and the hot chocolate, I also added candy canes and other holiday chocolates. Oh right and how could I forget... I got each of them a pair of American Eagle earrings. It turned out really cute and I had a blast putting it all together (not only all that but I even tied their bags with the sparkley ribbon :) ).

I haven't done a TOP 5 Q in a while so I have a new one for all of you to check out especially for those of you who were interested on whitening up your choppers for the holidays ;). It's Crest's 3D White Multi-Care Whitening Rinse in Glamorous White and it is alcohol free.
WHERE CAN I BUY IT? I'm pretty sure you can buy it at any convenient store or drug store like CVS.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? It costs around $7. I mean it's mouth wash? And it's 16 FL OZ. That isn't bad at all. Chunk change!
HOW DO I USE IT? I mean... I hope you all have used mouth wash before at least once in your life but just in case you forgot, what I do is after I brush my teeth real good, I fill up the mouth wash cap 1/3 of the way and swish it around in my mouth for about 45-60 seconds. I also use it morning and night (to make them extra white :) ).
HOW'D YA HEAR ABOUT IT? This is actually kind of funny but my aunt is my dentist and she always hooks me up with good products that actually work and this is one of them. She said that she was a big fan of Crest's white strips so just to help keep them nice and pearly white, she would use this rinse at night.
WOULD YOU RECOMMEND IT? WHY? I would recommend it because even after only using it day and night for about a week I have seen extreme improvement (also keep in mind I use whitening tooth paste to double up the whitening process) and not only that it isn't super strong like some other mouth rinses. The only thing I would recommend when using this product is that just to be persistent. You definitely won't see all that much of a change if you only use it every other day. So I would make sure if I were you if you really want to improve your teeth to not forget to use it.

This was a long one. I hope you all enjoyed my DIY gift idea and T5Q. I hope everyone is having fun doing last week holiday shopping!

Much love,
JTS

No comments:

Post a Comment